In this revolutionary World where daily some new invention is made among this one product that has created great change is the Clonazolam pellet. It belongs to the benzodiazepine group and has high potency as compared to other benzodiazepines.
When it was made?
It was 1971 when the synthesis of clonazolam was reported but was not licensed for a therapeutic dose. It is sold in powdered form as well as in liquid and tablet form.
It is a triazolobenzodiazepine with a molecular weight of 353.9 g/mol and is a derivative of clonazepam and alprazolam.
Metabolized and excreted as amino metabolites with a half-life of 4 hrs.
Benzodiazepines such as clonazolam, alprazolam, clonazepam, diazepam and lorazepam etc are in sedative and hypnotic class of drugs. Benzodiazepine drugs have a benzene ring fused with a diazepine ring. They are widely used anxiolytic drugs because they are considered safer than other anxiolytic groups like barbiturates etc. They act on GABA receptors and GABA causes inhibition of neurotransmission in the central nervous system. This group leads to a reduction in anxiety, sedation, and muscle relaxation, and produces hypnosis.
Why Benzodiazepines are considered safe?
Because the lethal dose is over 1000 times greater than the typical therapeutic dose.
Light: 0.1 – 0.25 mg.
Moderate: 0.25 – 0.4 mg.
Strong: 0.4 – 0.5 mg.
How to start it:
Have an effect last about 10 to 12 hrs, so should be used twice a day. After consultation with the physician starts with a low dose and gradually increase to the right dose. They have different physical, cognitive, and visual effects.
Clonazolam Pellets Physical and cognitive outcomes:
- Muscle relaxation: The ability to relax muscles is more as compared to other benzodiazepines like clonazepam, alprazolam, etc.
- Sedation: The potentiality to sedate and calm is more than other sedative agents.
- Anxiolysis: This leads to an increase in levels of mood-stabilizing chemicals like dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, and endorphins.
- Stop seizures: Due to its effects on hormonal levels leads to putting a stop to seizures.
- Sleep pattern: Helpful in treating insomnia in such a way that it leads to a decrease in the time taken to fall asleep and increases the duration and quality of sleep.
- Euphoria: Creates a feeling of intense happiness and excitement.
- Alcohol withdrawal: Helpful in treating symptoms of alcohol withdrawal by reducing seizure episodes.
- Panic disorders: Make oneself relax and free from fear and horror.
- Emotional booster: This makes one emotionally stable and creates positive thoughts.
- Libido: Leads to an increase in sexual desire. Helpful in reducing restless leg syndrome.
- Visual effects. This leads to a decrease in visual acuity and makes vision blurry in higher doses.
- Drowsiness: Along with an improvement in sleep pattern it leads to after sleep drowsiness. Few hours after sleep person feels lethargic and has disoriented thoughts.
- Scattered thoughts: Chronic usage leads to disturbing thoughts and memory suppression.
- Slurred speech: This leads to disorientation and difficulty in communication.
- Loss of balance: This leads to motor control loss causing difficulty in moving straight without any support.
- Mental disorders: Sometimes leads to an increase in suicidal thoughts, aggression, and increased anxiety episodes.
Points to ponder:
- To discontinue usage of clonazolam it is important to stop it slowly as sudden withdrawal leads to an increased risk of seizures, a sudden increase in blood pressure, and death. Another important step in discontinuing the drug is to use another benzodiazepine having a short duration of action.
- Not to increase the dose without consultant suggestion as overdose leads to emergency causing permanent brain injury and death if not treated urgently.
- Not to add barbiturates like phenobarbital or amobarbital etc with benzodiazepines by themselves as it leads to toxicity causing a sudden rise in blood pressure and death.
- Not to use ethanol with benzodiazepines as it aggravates CNS effects of benzodiazepines leading to unconsciousness.
- Not to use opioids with benzodiazepines as they have different modes of action in the body but being CNS depressants they cross-tolerate with one another and tolerance of one leads to tolerance for the other as well.
- Tramadol which is an opioid analgesic has CNS depressant properties leading to compound effects when used with other sedatives.
Clonazolam has positive and negative aspects. Being more safe and efficacious as compared to other sedatives its demand is increasing. Well, that was all. Hopefully, this brief article will help you a lot.